Search

Thursday, July 25, 2024

Broken-hearted

 


Around 4 decades ago (omg, I am 'that' senior huh? lol) I had a penpal living in Subang. Both of us had the same teenage crush: Steve Austin, the six million dollar man. We talked a lot about this idol of ours in our letters. One day I sent her a broken-hearted poem I wrote when the Six Million Dollar Man no longer played on television. In return, she, her name is Ida, sent me her broken-hearted poem too. But in an instant I knew that the poem was the translation of Skeeter Davis' song lyric of THE END OF THE WORLD. I knew this song when I was in junior high school, and I learned the lyric to improve my English. 😃

and this morning, I 'found' the video file in my gadget, and when listening to it, I remember Ida, and right now I am still broken-hearted. What a coincidence!


 

Meanwhile, several weeks ago, the first time I paid attention to the lyric of ABBA's song THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL although I have known this song for decades too, (better late than never, am I right? lol). In the video that I closely watched at that time, the facial expression of Agnetha when singing it looked so 'real' that she was hurt. And I could feel that hurt because I felt the same thing: being ignored and unappreciated by a loved one.

so, at the moment, my broken-hearted song is THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL, and not THE END OF THE WORLD.


PT56 11.05 25/07/2024

No comments: